Booking & Payment
We require a $100 deposit for every puppet show booked with us. The booking is finalized when we receive your deposit in our account. The outstanding balance is due after the puppet show on the day of the event.
Only the client who originally booked with us may cancel the booking.
We hope you don’t have to cancel but if a cancellation is made at least 14 days prior to the event, your deposit will be refunded. If a cancellation is made in less than 14 days prior to the event, then 100% of your payment will be forfeited.
If you want to reschedule your puppet show, the deposit can be transferred to this new booking of the same person.
Please make sure you have your phone handy just in case we need to reach you day of. Every performance we do is in a different space, with a different audience and different conditions. Because of this, we understand that we may need to follow a performance structure that differs from our ‘Plan A’ on the day of. As long as timings are maintained, we are happy to coordinate with you ensure the party is in line with your expectations.
Ricky Roo & Friends consist of many team members. We do not guarantee which members of our team will staff your event. Staffing assignments change constantly and are subject to change without notice.
Rainy and/or extreme windy weather is an inconvenience to any party! We know how frustrating it can be to plan every detail of your party only to experience an extreme weather condition. We will assist in shifting your entertainers to an alternate, nearby location in the event that the party must be moved
Parking must be provided (or costs reimbursed) by the client/parent. This has not been included in your event price.. Please keep in mind that we have equipment to carry and may be coming from another event with limited time. Nearby parking is essential to beginning and ending the performance on time and we will not be held responsible for late starts if nearby parking is unavailable.
Load-In / Load Out
We plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to the agreed upon music start time. Upon venue entry, the entertainer will make contact with the client to discuss efficient load in parameters as well as determine the performance area. After the performance, we will load out using the same efficient load in parameters unless a more effective load out procedure has been determined.
Please make sure that our performance area is on level, dry, solid ground and if on grass, please make sure not to water it 2 days prior to your event or provide an oversized tarp for the kids and band to play on. We provide a plastic straw mat for the kids to sit on. Sufficient for most outdoor surfaces, it is not sufficient for wood, tile, or linoleum floors. In this case a specialized non-slip mat is recommended and to be provided by the client. We will not perform on sand.
Our puppet or music show is an acoustic-based performance. Therefore excessive ambient noise, such as the hum of a bouncy house, an outdoor location near a heavily congested area, or even a competing DJ or stereo system can hinder the sound of the performance. We focus heavily on not being too loud as this is an interactive experience for the kids. As a result, there is a limit to how loud we can perform. If you feel there will be a sound conflict, please take the necessary steps to avoid a sound war. A few solutions: Place us in an area where it doesn’t compete with the excessive ambient noise, stop the excessive ambient noise during the performance if possible, I.E. deflate the bouncy house or turn off the DJ or stereo during the performance. Please contact us with any questions as we can always find a solution.
Safe and workable environment
It is the responsibility of all clients to provide a safe and workable environment for us. Should a location or position be unacceptable in order to conduct our services to the highest standards, clients will be contacted as soon as possible and expected to comply with OH&S standards. This is inclusive of extreme weather conditions.
WHO WE ARE
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
When you use the Site or contact us by e-mail, social media, SMS, telephone, or other methods, we may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us, including:
◦ Forms filled out by you on the Site;
◦ Content of correspondence with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
◦ Site registration;
◦ Subscriptions or orders placed on the Site;
◦ Participation in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Site;
◦ Entering a competition, promotion or survey;
◦ If applicable, resume, work history, CV, resume or other job application information;
◦ Reporting a problem or requesting support for the Site.
• The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, payment information, personal description, photographs or images or comments.
• Information we collect about you.
• With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
◦ Technical information, including IP address, login information, browser type, and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
◦ Information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time);
◦ Pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
• We may also collect information about your devices (including phones, computers or other devices) where you access and visit our Sites. Such information may include unique device identifiers and mobile network information (including phone number), IP address, language and time zone, operating system, hardware version, device locations (including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, search information providers, credit reference agencies, third parties who enable sign-on functionality and social network integration) and may receive information about you from them.
If you choose to use features on this Site that connect to your online profiles, accounts or services (including social media accounts) (“Connected Accounts”), we may collect any information that you permit through your settings on those Connected Accounts. For example, if you log in to our site using your Facebook account and choose to allow Facebook to share your profile with us, we may collect that information. Information we receive from Connected Accounts includes email address, first and last name, location (hometown and country), gender, date of birth, likes, posts or other social activity. Please review your Connected Account privacy settings to control what information is provided to us through this option.
If you are applying for a job at Ricky Roo & Friends, we may use information you provide to communicate with third parties regarding your application to the extent permissible by law, including to verify your credentials, work history, references, conduct background checks, or other job application-related purposes.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
• To help us respond to your queries;
• To provide you with information;
• To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about or that we feel may interest you;
• To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
• To provide or permit third parties to provide targeted advertising via websites you visit about goods or services that you may find interesting (see more on this in our Cookies Policy below;
• To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• To track the progress and number of entries in competitions and promotions.
• To allow you to interact with our Site, for example by posting comments or to share information from our Site on third party social media platforms;
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
• To manage your access to the services or notify you about changes to the services;
• To comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
• To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
• If you have applied for a job at Ricky Roo & Friends, to review, verify, and evaluate your job application information.
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you (including information in relation to your devices). We may use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal data with selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you in order to provide you with a product or service;
• Business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors to provide you with information about promotions and offers;
• Advertisers, advertising networks and social networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may also use aggregate and other information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site;
• Third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• If the Ricky Roo & Friends Entertainment that controls this Site or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ricky Roo & Friends Entertainment, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
• To any other third party where lawful.
STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES THAT PROVIDE CONTENT, ADVERTISING OR FUNCTIONALITY ON OUR SERVICES
This Site is not directed toward children (as defined by local law) nor does BeatBuds knowingly collect information from children (as defined by local law) without parental consent except where in compliance with applicable laws.
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to object to or request the restriction of processing of your personal data, and to request access to, rectification, erasure, and portability of your own personal data by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section. We may require you to prove your identity with approved identification if you request this information.
You may also be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes applicable law.
You are responsible for keeping your information current and up-to-date. You may update your information by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you have applied for a job at Ricky Roo & Friends Entertainment, you may have certain rights under your local laws regarding your application or our evaluation. You may submit any requests to exercise your rights as described in the “Contact” section.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents may opt-out of having their personally identifiable information shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites and other online services with which a user communicates. There is no industry standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Site, our newsletters, and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
USERS OF SITES IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
Legal Basis for Data Processing
We may use automated decision-making technologies, including profiling, to support our data processing activities. Our automated decision-making capabilities include logic that attempts to identify artists, music, communications, products, or offers that we believe may interest you. By using this logic, it helps us personalize your interactions with us. For you, this means that you may see online advertisements, direct marketing communications (if you have subscribed), or other advertising or marketing messages or special offers based on your activity on our Sites or interactions with Ricky Roo & Friends or our third-party partners.
In some instances, you may be required to provide us with personal data for processing as described above, in order for us to be able to provide you to use all the features of the Site.
• transferring personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
• using specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
• transferring personal data to the United States to an entity if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to request a copy of relevant safeguards by contacting Ricky Roo & Friends as described in the “Contact” section.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
You can find more information about the types of cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Type of Cookie
Purpose of Cookie
• Strictly Necessary
◦ These cookies are essential in order to enable you to browse our Site and use its features. The information collected by these cookies relates to the operation of our Site, for example, website scripting language and security tokens to maintain secure areas of our Site.
• Performance / Analytics
◦ These cookies collect anonymous information about how you use our Site, for example, which pages you visit most often, whether you receive any error messages, and how you arrived at our Site. Information collected by these cookies is used only to improve your use of our Site and never to identify you. These cookies are sometimes placed by third-party providers of web traffic analysis services, such as Google Analytics.
◦ These cookies remember choices you make, for example, the country you visit our Site from, your language and any changes you have made to text size or other parts of web pages that you can customize, in order to improve your experience of our Site and to make your visits more tailored and enjoyable. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and cannot be used to track your browsing activity on other websites.
• Targeting or Advertising
◦ These cookies collect information about your browsing habits and inferred interests in order to make advertising more relevant to you. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert, as well as to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. These cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks. They remember the other websites that you visit and this information is shared with third-party organizations, for example, advertisers.
• Social Media
◦ These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on our Site with social media organizations such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the privacy policies of these organizations for how their cookies work.
◦ to collect anonymized data on user’s behavior on the site. We may also capture what site a user has come from and what site they go to and also some demographic data (e.g. the user’s location) and we may use that data to analyze user behavior across multiple sites;
◦ to categorize pools of users (on an anonymized basis) based on demographic and/or behavioral data and use this to, (1) target our advertising to cookie-ed users on third party websites and Ricky Roo & Friends’ websites, and (2) use that data to allow targeted third party advertising to categorized cookie-ed users either in respect of advertising placement Ricky Roo & Friends has bought/placed and targeted to users on behalf of third parties or in respect of advertising bought/placed by third parties and targeted to cookie pools Ricky Roo & Friends has “sold” to these third parties.
• Some of our Sites may use Google AdSense to publish advertisements, including information about your demographics and interests. When you view or click on an advertisement a cookie will be set to help better provide advertisements that may be of interest to you on this and other websites. You may opt-out of the use of this cookie by visiting Google’s Advertising and Privacy page. Most internet browsers are automatically set up to accept cookies. However, if you want to refuse or delete any cookies (or similar technologies), please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies. Please note you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of our Site, including certain personalized features if you delete or disable cookies.
For more information on managing cookies, please go to allaboutcookies.org, or visit youronlinechoices.eu which has further information about behavioral advertising and online privacy.